Sunday, February 21, 2021

Rents in Boise Idaho Raised Average of 12.4% in 2020, Faster Than Anywhere Else. This Problem Has Not Been Addressed Amid A Crisis in Affordable Housing Which is Almost Non-Existent

For years I was told the Interfaith Sanctuary would give me a list of apartments. That did not happen. Then Dan Ault the former director began doing harassment after I complained about infectious disease issues, food safety and my probiotics being repeatedly removed from refrigeration by staff. Gosh, I wonder who that could have been. 

One of the things he did was put on the exact same play every day when I came in. The performance was done for the volunteers in an attempt to make me look crazy. But instead he made himself look narcissistic. Every day he would say sarcastically that I was welcome, he was so glad a felt safe there due to my complaining about the lack of safety and then went into this crap about how they wanted to find me counseling for PTSD. I would say I needed a place to live instead. Then Dan would say they would give me a list. Then I said I did not believe him as he had said they would for a couple years. He did this play every day so volunteers who came in once a week experienced that craziness several times. It got so bad the volunteers were looking at Dan like WTH?! They should have heard the things he said to me when he caught me anywhere people weren't close by. 

One day after months of this narcissistic shit show Dan had a social work student print a search off the internet for affordable apartments and give it to me. So where was this list of apartments he kept talking about before? For a couple years I was on craigslist and other sources looking for apartments even on holidays. I also had the Idaho Housing Finance list. 

Another non-profit had me come in for help with finding housing. She went on Craigslist. Yep. You see they talked like they knew things so I thought they had insider information, perhaps a relationship with managers of apartments to assist with helping people find housing. No they don't. Lots of lies are told about helping people find housing in Boise. When I told the other shelter I just needed help with housing they said they don't do that. But all of them tell the public they help hundreds of people find housing every year. How can they help people find housing when there is hardly any and essentially no affordable housing. Also if you are not in the two preferred categories of homeless people you are out of luck, they only want to help families and veterans. If you are an elderly person close to the end of your life you will sit in a homeless shelter being abused, getting unhealthy food, not getting enough sleep, being preyed upon and abused by sociopaths and exposed to infectious diseases. Same for the disabled. These are the two main throw away categories of homeless. 

This is the first page of the three page list which is very much shorter than the one I already had. I did not contact any of them due to already being very familiar with multiple contacts with all of them so just put notes on the pages. 

 


 

This was in 2017, they acted as if there was affordable housing when the truth was people would get Section 8 vouchers 2 or 3 times and run around looking for housing until they expired. The attitude was that you were just not trying hard enough. No I looked every day and made phone calls. If anything in my price range was posted in the evening I had no way to go look and if I left the shelter they would not have let me back in and even if they did it would have been difficult since the buses have limited running times. So the people who rented anything in my price range had cars which helped them immediately get the apartments. I had to go get on a bus in the morning and they were rented by the time I got anywhere. It was just wasted time and energy on my ME/cfs body. One time in 2017 snow was piled up on the sidewalks and no bus stop was by the place I needed to go. I had to walk for miles in partially thawed and refrozen sidewalks which were very dangerous frequently falling. The apartment was given to someone else. 

When I finally found an apartment it was untenable and no agencies or the Boise Police did their jobs. Considering what I experienced and the predatory behavior of landlords and management companies here. I would never rent from these egocentrics who FFS raised rents 12.4% during a pandemic when people are having such a hard time. That is unconscionable!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment